Altig Orlovic Agencies with American Income Life
This year Rick Altig is making the rounds to all the offices in Altig via Skype so get ready! You’ll get to hear all about the latest things happening in Altig-land right from Rick himself but there’s a couple things you have to do first so that you’re prepared.
1. Sign up for Skype and add AltigTV as a contact: Download and install Skype from THIS link and click the “Join Skype” button in the upper right hand corner. This will prompt you to sign up for an account and download the free software to a laptop that can be positioned at the front of your office. Once you have a Skype account, open your Skype software and click ‘Add Contact.’ Enter AltigTV into the Skype Name field, and ‘Add.’
2. Buy a Logitech Webcam C500: Click on THIS link, and purchase the Logitech Webcam C500 from Amazon.com. The current list price (as of 1/1/2012) is $39.99. This webcam has the clearest picture and sound for your Skype meeting, and will reduce the chance of audio feedback during your Skype meeting.
3. Set up your webcam with Skype: Once your Logitech Webcam C500 arrives, plug it into the computer you will be using for your Skype meeting and open the Skype software. Go to the ‘Tools’ menu bar on the top of the page and select ‘Options’. Under ‘Audio Settings’ make sure you have the Logitech Webcam C500 selected (it may show up as ‘USB Audio Device’). The green bars will move, which indicates that the microphone is working.
Next, go to video settings and make sure that the Logitech Webcam C500 is selected as your webcam. All of your settings should be identical to the video below, and you should be able to see yourself in the webcam window.
4. Make sure you are on a hard-wired Internet connection: Wifi is very unreliable when it comes to Skype. In order to get the best connection, you need to make sure that you are hard-wired into a high-speed internet connection. You may need to purchase a long Ethernet cord in order for this to be possible. They are available anywhere that computers are sold. It is very important that you don’t use Wifi for the Skype meeting.
5. Do a Skype test with your Altig Communication Team: Call your Altig Communication Manager, Eric Wahlquist, at 425-882-5926 and set up a Skype test. Eric will go through a quick, 5-minute test with you to ensure that you are ready for your Skype meeting. Once this test is completed, you’re ready to Skype!
After you’ve completed all these steps your done and ready for your Skype meeting!